Sign in to follow this  
xThrice

PC to TV with Audio transfer cable?

So i bought from the local store a TV/monitor LG 19''! So far i managed to connect my computer with the rgb cable but i am getting no sound ! So the guy in the shop suggested i buy a cable so i told him okay. He gave me a cable that he said i connect to the speakers input on the computer (the green small one that fits perfectly with it) and then i have no clue it has on the other end a red and a black cable. There is a red input on the back of the LG but there is no black (there is a white instead)! So when i connect those 2 i go to the media player i put a song on the sound setting it shows the bars going up but i cant hear no sound? I have no clue how i can set this up and i have left my speakers in my home (now i am in my grand parents lol!)

So anyone got any idea what i am supposed to do?Did that guy gave me the wrong cables?There is a pc audio input on the LG monitor but i dont know how to connect the 2 cables to the pc i see no inputs lol

On the back of the product it says this. : Audio transfer cable jack male to 2 rca male 5 meter used to connect audio sources with audio input rca

Cheers!

• Like 1

If I just want music to go from my PC/Phone to my TV/Surround Sound then I just use the headphone jack - Video and sound then I use HDMI

could you be more specific? I dont have my pc connected with HDMI but with RGB. the guy in the shop told me that i need that cable to connect it to my pc and the tv monitor! the song plays on the media player but i cant hear any sound at all? are the 2 cables on the other end of the cable connected correctly? so once again my computer is connected through RGB and i have on the speakers jack on the back of the pc the one end of the cable and the 2 others are on the TV monitor (red and black cable)

I had a setup much the same with the video side but used a cable for the audio with a 3mm stereo jack each end. I also have an LG TV.

• Like 1

RGB is Video only cables and HDMI is both - I would hook up like Mr.G said as that is what I do is I don't care about video

yea rgb  is  video,  then  u need  an audio  cable...sounds  like  black  will  do  it,  but also  depending  on  what  ports  u  have,  perhaps an  external  audio  source is  required.

So  using a  hdmi  cable, if  both  support  it,  will  give  you  both  sound and  pic.

Old ways, you  require  both  cables...if  your  PC has  a  audio  card,  then  a  connection  to  outside  speakers should  work,  so  then a  connection  to  TV  should  work as  well....unless the  monitor  does  not  support  it ,  which  means  hdmi/dvi  ports  only.

the audio cable he sold you will work. the small 3.5mm jack goes in the compputer audio out. the other two go into the monitot/tv. the colours dont matter, they are there to make it easier to see which is which. but you do need to to check that you are using the correct inputs on the tv end, ie, for the pc input. just because the are next to each other doesn't mean its the right one, but it should be labelled.