Danm

Problem with a Toshiba satellite Laptop

I'm having major problems with a Toshiba satellite A665-S6070 laptop I just got. First the battery was bad, but I know it is used so I have ordered a new battery. It now won't boot up because of some error in the registry. Note I haven't added any programs yet. I have tried the restore to factory settings. It goes to checking the system performance and just shuts completely down. I can't get past this problem. What should I do?  Thanks for any help.

Great to see the old place back up and going.

Hello Danm

Is the Toshiba a 32bit or a 64bit and what version of Windows is on it?

Also is the key still on the bottom?

I have a Toshiba and the darn thing did right after a year (Hard drive - Will fix, but I want to put a very fast drive in it - need $ though).

I have and OEM ISO I can upload for you, but I need the info 1st so I can make sure I give you the right thing :D

Oh and what file host would you like it to be uploaded to ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  It is a 64 bit with windows 7 home prem and yes the key is on the bottom.  I had a copy of windows 7 but it said it was incompatable with my pc.  The thing is it craps out at the same spot every time I try and restore the system.  It goes to the point that it is checking the system performance then shuts down.  One question I can't run this pc with the charger unless I remove the battery.  Is that common or do I have another problem?  Again thanks for the help and that OEM iso would be a great help.  Just let me know when I can grab it.

Will I be able to use my key with the OEM?

Yes you will be able to use your key with the ISO of Win7 64bit that I have as I just used it on a Gateway system ;)

What file host do you want me to upload it to mate :D

If you have a problem installing mine and you also might want to try this also with the factory install - The memory might have a bad sector on it, If the system has more than 1 stick of memory try taking one out and try that while I upload this to the file host you want :)

You can use almost any host, rapidgator, putlocker, uploaded etc. Just let me know where and I will jump on it. And thanks this is a very big help. I did have a pc that would shut down due to bad memory, but it didn't do it in the same spot everytime.

Tried the memory thing, but no help. Died at the same spot again.

hmmm you know that might be a hard drive problem

I'm going to start uploading it are coffee bro :)

You could always just use a rescue/recovery disc...

That's the problem I can't get the restore to load. It just shuts down when it starts to check the system performance.

I'm raring and uploading now and will post links here when done

Windows 7 64bit OEM

mrbvj8jpg.gif

Password:  5TtTFN5~tP^Fm%Jx5Ajvn$B6m7^r~B4%N

Sorry about the long Password, I try my best to not let file host see my uploads

Also I picked Bitshare as the file host because I've found I can download fast with them as a free user :)

http://bitshare.com/files/sdwc57ii/newtella.part1.rar.html
http://bitshare.com/files/9qktmnt1/newtella.part2.rar.html
http://bitshare.com/files/6ugrionj/newtella.part3.rar.html
http://bitshare.com/files/xnrdfjze/newtella.part4.rar.html
http://bitshare.com/files/6lyldba5/newtella.part5.rar.html

bantai.gif
65f662.png

Thanks Tech 425 this is great.  One question is this for a Toshiba?  I guess what I'm asking is does it have the drives I need or will I need to get them from the Toshiba site?

It's for all OEM's

Also no problem mate as I love to help :)

Just thought since you had been so kind as to help with my problem, you might like to know how it worked out. First problem I had was my key would not work with that version of windows, so I downloaded a windows that would work from Microsoft. Had no idea you could do that. A big problem was finding and loading all the drivers I needed. I think I have that worked out now. I said all that to say it seems to all be working now. A big thanks for all the help

• Like 1

Great mate and we are here to help if you need anymore :)

Also thank you for telling us  :yourock:  that our help worked for you, So that we can help other users   :cprocks: