Sign in to follow this  
Menoetius

Platinum Hide IP

Does anyone know why I simply cannot get Platinum Hide IP 3.2.9.2 [or any other hide IP program - I have tried three] to work on my computer.

It installs just fine, appears to indicate my IP being elsewhere and shows such when I check.

However, when I try surfing all the usual things happen, such as the messages about opening sites etc.,

except that no sites will load.   After a while I get the message that the site ..."took too long to respond".

This happens no matter what site I am trying to access, nor does it matter in which country I set my fake IP.

Is it possible that my ISP is actually interfering with the sites and/or program?

I know that my ISP had entered into a clandestine agreement with the [past] government to block certain sites

without reason but the sites I attempt to load will do so quite rapidly without Hide IP running.

I am getting slightly frustrated with this.

Any other way [non-expensive] that I can surf anonymously?

Thanks.

Use a  different  service  and  not  this  proxy based  one...it's  not  very good and  they may keep a  log,  which is  why  you want  to use a  this  type of  service in the  first place

I use no ads.com, no logs, 7 global servers,  fast and  cheap and  works  with all OS. Works for  me  anyway and  they  use to be a sponsor at  this  site a while  back.  no ads should work  in  most  countries, but  ask  them  to  be  sure.  The  site  gives a  good over view of  what  you need  to  know.

Good luck.

A VPN is definitely the way to go. Hiding a IP is just that and your ISP will still see what you do. It just gives a different IP to sites you visit. I have tried this route in the past and got the same result so now use a VPN which does and allows access to everything depending on what country I set it to.

Try Tor . Its Good .. Its Fast ...

http://www.torproject.org.in/download/download-easy.html.en
Its Free ....