Sign in to follow this  
littlebit

Help in finding an IP Address on the internet?

I have been trying to find the IP address of access points and places around my home,which is on the internet! (Not a home network). I have been searching for a software to do this,but most of them just give me a MAC address! Is there a unique software which can do this,...does such a software exist which is easy to use and can help my specific objective? Can someone please shed some light on to my situation, or point me in the right direction please and thank you!

Much appreciation up front!

You'll probably want something like...Cisco Network Magic..There are other ways of finding out for example if you have something plugged into an access point like for instance a laptop you can go to the network option in your control panel and find it that way. If anything is in these access points doesn't matter what it is, there will be an option somewhere in the software that will tell you the IP addy, doesn't matter if its a digibox or what have you. You'll also find if these all go through the same router which most stuff will do it won't be a direct access to the internet, then have a look in your router settings there should be a list of IP addies in there.

ok,let me be more specific,...I don't have a router,..I have a wireless usb stick! I still can't find the IP address with the info. which you gave me! Did I miss some steps,or did I go at the wrong place in control panel! I feel like i'm stuck on stupid! :wacko:  Oh yeah,..i'm using Win xp sp3...don't laugh! lol! :rolleyes:

Oh so you've got a dongle? A usb plugin from a mobile phone company/internet supplier..

Connect to the internet, paste this into your browser....

http://www.whatsmyip.info/

http://www.whatsmyip.org/

No,..this is what  I have!

http://support.linksys.com/en-us/support/adapters/WUSB600N

I don't have an Internet Service Provider,..I am piggy-backing someone's signal which is an unsecured access point! I want to know his IP Address!

Ah ok now we are getting somewhere...information upfront is always a better idea in the first place or its like pulling teeth.....you could ask them...if they don't know your doing it, then I can no longer assist in this matter because I don't support the idea of using someone elses internet connection without their permission :)

If they do know that you're using it, then everytime you do a search for a wifi and find his..it should display the IP addy and/or the name of the connection.

Yea,  not  sure  I  will  help  with wifi  hacking  either.

You  don't need to know the  IP,  to  do  what  you're already doing.