Sign in to follow this  
demonadark

DvD Ripping question

Hi.. I have a full version of DvD Fab. Trying to rip my entire DvD collection. I want them to put on my harddrive and play on TV using Seagate GoFlex TV. All my downloaded movies play fine. But the ones I have ripped have a small pause when playing.. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds to me you have a program that is accessing your harddrive while your ripping.

Shut down all programs including Antivirus when you Rip - Also the more memory you have the smoother it will run

• Like 1

Shutdown AV? Sounds like you might need a newer version of DVDFab or the settings for it might need tweaking a little...

I shut down all anti virus I even shutdown internet connection and it still does it. I had an older Seagate harddrive a 500g one. I bought a new one and it still has a small pause when playing movies on my tv. Again. They play fine on my computer.. So confused and saddened.. I got a lot of movies I want to have but I will never be able to find them all to download.

That's why there are crazies around like me to help with requests :D

Try this instead......

Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate

http://www.sockshare.com/file/2B65336C321E236D

Instructions are included and serial ;)

• Like 2

yea, real  answer  is  to  try another program, like  nero or allok, but  which I use, for  example,  some  work better  that  others,  most  you  can  find with a  fix,  so  you  can  test  it  completly, before you  buy  it.... 

I have a  copy  of  your  app,  cracked of course, but  never  tested it, never  had a  reason  to  switch, since mine work fine..

I try to test stuff that I post...not always easy when I've got other things going on though....my other pc looks like the who's who of dvd software/recoding software and other stuff...this one is more like the who's who of games/films/tv series although I've got quite a bit of software on here too...Just try to keep it to one or two similar progs

• Like 1

DVDFab is the last thing I'd use personally, Freemake is awesome, and free, you can get the Gold Edition with all the optional extras here, ThanX EagleMine. There are many to choose from and, like ems, I have plenty on My hdd and too much to sort through. Also keep in mind when ripping DVDs it, whatever software you use, will take ALL available memory so Tech is correct, turn everything else off especially if you have a not so flash system like Mine. Good luck and let Us know how you go and what you used in the end 80)

I've got the free version of freemake.....the only thing with it is, you need to be a little careful with the settings ;)