Sign in to follow this  
gustav2007

Gmail landline phones

As a mater of interest How many members make use of Googles neat FREE phone service.Until the end of 2011 you can phone anyone on a their landline phone in the USA & Canada for free. But only works with Internet Explorer browser. Try it to-day I phone from Canada to Arizona all the time for free.

I just used it to ring my cell - My dumb @ss just misplaced it in the house ...

But when I'm not losing my mind, it's great when I'm walking around the city with tablet in hand.

I use it a lot via an iPod sound quality is good (if i am not using any other bandwidth) but other then that you can't beat the price. I only used it once on my computer and that was just to register the service

I have used it a couple of times, and it worked good for me

I am finding is becoming more and more troublesome. In the last few months calls that were always good clean calls have become intermuttent ba quality and keep dropping me offline. Now it might be my ISP or the weather bit the same problem arises with the other en of the call whereas he has a hard wired high speed connection verus my wireless connection . I barely get over 1K/s from my ISP but it is faster than dial up

Skype is my preferred way to go. I've been using it since late 2004, and I have always had good results with it. In 2004, I just bought 2 voip usb phones from computer geeks.com, and registered to use the service. Been doing it ever since :)>