Sign in to follow this  
anujkjoy

ethernet problem

hey,

first of all thanks for the helpdesk in cyberwarez.,,i have a problem with my broadband connection. my pc is pentium 4, 1gb ram, biostar g31 m7-TE motherboard. when i turn on my

pc it cant connect to broadband ( I cant see any local area connection) then i restart my pc

there is no problem with broadband, local area connection appears and status is connected.

so i should start twice to connect my broadband.i am feeling heavy with this.....!

what is the problem with my pc. I check for any malwares with malwarebytes and nothing

found and also reinstall my ethernet driver.but still the problem persists. is there any IRQ conflicts.

please help me.....thanks in advance.........

Did U check the driver 4 error codes. i.e. "Error Code 10"

What about the back of the NIC card R both lights light?

Check the Windows Event Viewer.

What platform RU Running.

Check Bios on first boot 2 see if Bios sees it.

• Like 1

and also reinstall my ethernet driver.but still the problem persists.

They already said that they did that.

IRQ's really never were an issue with XP ( I am assuming you are running XP). Pretty much 98 and back. I am wondering if you have a lot loading at startup and your ethernet is hanging. I see you only have 1 gig of ram. So, have you let your computer sit for a few minutes right after 1st startup to see if the ethernet drivers will finally load? Try starting in safe mode with networking and see if it loads first time.

One last thing, how long has this been going on? did you update your ethernet drivers and then this started happening? If so then I suggest that you roll back the drivers?

• Like 3

there is no issue literally... first go to device manager and click check for hardware changes... then it will take necessary action to establish connection... then ur internet wil work fine...

I think your system is fine, just that your network configuration is wrong.

• First thing to do is to check that your "WORKGROUP" match the one used in the network.
  • Second thing is your IP address:

1. If the network you are trying to access can assign IP address automatically (present of DHCP), then make yours automtique as well
  2. If this network does not have any DHCP then you should assign IP configuration that match with the network (IP, Netmask, Gateway and DNS server)

I suggest your network has a DHCP so try to clear up any IP address that is already assigned.

I hope this help, good luck.

• Like 2

Or Check your Router see if might light up.. Also check the Cat 5e or Cat 6 Cable that maybe bad cable??

ATGPUD2003

It might be due to an external element like router, did you check if other computers on the network are working fine or not?

thanks............am trying with your comments.........lot of thanks for all...

(am running windows xp sp3. i reinstall windows xp2 to sp3 but still problem persists......)

thanks............am trying with your comments.........lot of thanks for all...

(am running windows xp sp3. i reinstall windows xp2 to sp3 but still problem persists......) how i check check my "WORKGROUP" match the one used in the network.

hey km4 thanks for your post........it is ....my settings are ."obtain ip address automatically and dhcp enabled."...is there any seetings that i should change..?

If you have DHCP server (or a router that assign IP addresses) then your current configuration is fine (obtain ip address automatically), just to make sure you got one

• click "run" in the start menu
  • type "cmd" the click ok
  • type "ipconfig"
  • then you should see the IP you got under you NIC name like this one (192.168.0.2 in this pic)

ipconfig.JPG

If you got any or an IP address like (169.254.X.X) then maybe you have no DHCP in the network.

As for workgroup check this page for how to check/change it, the default workgroup is "WORKGROUP" but in this page it is "HOMEGROUP".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43840.html

Compare yours with other computer in the network, they must be the same.

Good luck...