vikrant456

unable to uninstall DeepFreeze

Hi ,

I have installed DeepFreeze in my pc.. and now i am unable to uninstall it .

Even after doing shift+ctrl+alt+F6 its not showing DeepFreeze Menu. i also have tried to re install it but its showing error " Deep Freeze 6 Standard must be disabled before any Install/Uninstall can Proceed . "

is anyone knows how to Uninstall or disable it.

u there?

If you have windows have you tried going to the control panel/ remove program / hilite the program you want to remove and click on uninstal up on the title bar?

Gosh I have never had this problem, but will say that whatever U do make sure U thaw first.

I found this on the Web & maybe it can help U. It looked pretty thorough.

To uninstall the software Deep Freeze must first be disabled and then uninstalled.

To disable Deep Freeze:

1. Hold down the shift key and double-click on the Deep Freeze icon. Alternatively, you can press Crtl-Alt-Shift-F6. You should now see a password dialog.
  2. Enter your password and click OK. If you have not yet entered a password you should be able to click OK without entering anything. You should now see a dialog with boot options.
  3. Select "Boot thawed" and click OK. This will disable Deep Freeze on the next reboot.
  4. Reboot your machine. After the machine reboots you are ready to uninstall Deep Freeze.

To uninstall:

1. Locate the installation file you used to install Deep Freeze to this machine. By default the name of this file is called "DF5Std.exe" for versions 5.X and "DF6Std.exe" for versions 6.X.
  2. Run the installation file (DF5Std.exe or DF6Std.exe).
  3. Select the option to "Uninstall"
  4. The software should uninstall and reboot the machine. When the machine reboots, Deep Freeze should be uninstalled.

Keep us in the loop as 2 how it is coming along.

Good Luck,

dirty ;)

PS: if the above doesn't work try running the installer again & it might want 2 repair, then reboot & try running it again & click uninstall.

• Like 4

To uninstall the software Deep Freeze must first be disabled and then uninstalled.

To disable Deep Freeze:

• Hold down the shift key and double-click on the Deep Freeze icon. Alternatively, you can press Crtl-Alt-Shift-F6. You should now see a password dialog.
  • Enter your password and click OK. If you have not yet entered a password you should be able to click OK without entering anything. You should now see a dialog with boot options.
  • Select "Boot thawed" and click OK. This will disable Deep Freeze on the next reboot.
  • Reboot your machine. After the machine reboots you are ready to uninstall Deep Freeze.

To uninstall:

• Locate the installation file you used to install Deep Freeze to this machine. By default the name of this file is called "DF5Std.exe" for versions 5.X and "DF6Std.exe" for versions 6.X.
  • Run the installation file (DF5Std.exe or DF6Std.exe).
  • Select the option to "Uninstall"
  • The software should uninstall and reboot the machine. When the machine reboots, Deep Freeze should be uninstalled.

This is the right way to unistall deepfreez, jut to avoid any problem try using the same file you used to install it, "DF5Std.exe" or "DF6Std.exe" are default names, yours might have a different name.

• Like 1

I suppose finding the right password to allow for the uninstallation is important. It uninstalls just fine when this is known. But if you are trying to get into someone elses system for some reason and do not know the PW, then I guess I can understand your dellema.

Info  CP Moderator Message: if all else fails, get an UnInstaller. I use Your Uninstaller with great results. it will find *ALL* files associated with the app and get rid of them, especially dll's and registry files.

you can get it here:

http://www.cyberwarez.info/forum/topic/109157-your-uninstaller-pro-7420121/page__hl__uninstaller__fromsearch__1

Info  CP Moderator Message: if all else fails, get an UnInstaller. I use Your Uninstaller with great results. it will find *ALL* files associated with the app and get rid of them, especially dll's and registry files.

you can get it here:

http://www.cyberwarez.info/forum/topic/109157-your-uninstaller-pro-7420121/page__hl__uninstaller__fromsearch__1

Not sure YourUninstaller will find it either, but it may be worth trying. The program is designed to be stealth so it may give the program a run for its money. System Restore, on the other hand, would be the best bet.