Sign in to follow this  
yuzihao96

Combining .ISO file

I had recently downloaded apple lion os, it's separated into 9 compressed .rar file.

after extracting all file, i got 9 separated .ISO file.

how can i combine it together? or i can just burn all 9 .ISO file separately into disc?

I had recently downloaded apple lion os, it's separated into 9 compressed .rar file.

after extracting all file, i got 9 separated .ISO file.

how can i combine it together? or i can just burn all 9 .ISO file separately into disc?

I think what you did was use magic Iso or power Iso and extracted it right( dont know if there is any seperate software for mac ).. but no worries just use the same software and compress all the 9 rar files and create a single ISO and burn it in a DVD it should work... the method is the same for all OS i hope im right cuz im a windows user .. just incase i suggest you wait until A tech mod confirms my suggestion cheers

• Like 1

i feel while extracting the rar file a mistake has happened... were rar file named .part1 something like tht or just .rar.... still if none of these has happened u hav to extract every iso file using winrar copy all 9 folders to a single folder thn make an iso file of it using nero or other such softwares...

• Like 2

I think you did not downloaded the DVDs version of this OS, instead unknowinglly you downloaded the CDs version which has the OS separated on 9 CDs in your case, combining them is a nice thing, but i wouldn't go for that If I were you since it might affect the boot loader of these CDs and the installtion process of these OS.

(imagine you did combine them, and now you are installing the OS, then a message appeared that says "insert CD #2", what would you do when it is already in the DVD you combined?).

• Like 1

Another problem I ran across when huge Windows programs were split across CDs, is that each CD reused the same filenames. So OEM.INF and readme.bat was the same filename from CD to CD. Since each CD was intended to be loaded separately, this posed no problem when done one at a time. But, if you copied all the CD files to a hard drive, you ended up overwiting the intermediate versions of the file and ended up with only the last version.

So, it may not be a simple process to combine the contents of all the CDs into one DVD.

• Like 2

Another problem I ran across when huge Windows programs were split across CDs, is that each CD reused the same filenames. So OEM.INF and readme.bat was the same filename from CD to CD. Since each CD was intended to be loaded separately, this posed no problem when done one at a time. But, if you copied all the CD files to a hard drive, you ended up overwiting the intermediate versions of the file and ended up with only the last version.

So, it may not be a simple process to combine the contents of all the CDs into one DVD.

Nice addition, files's structure should be put in consideration too.

Your best bet would be to burn 9 CD's or download the DVD version so that there is a single .ISO file to burn a DVD with.