Write Protection on any portable USB Device can be applied by the physical lock provided on the card adjuster or some times provided on the pen drives, so make sure to make your drive not write protected by moving the lock in right direction.
But even after moving the physical lock for write protection the problem can happen due to some virus action. This happens when some virus or script which applies the registry hack to make any drive write protect when connected to the computer, In that case follow the procedure below to remove write protection from your pen drive.
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor.
2. Navigate to the following path:
Note: If the registry key StorageDevicePolicies key does not exist, you will need to create it
3. Double click the key WriteProtect in the right pane and set the value to 0 in the Value Data Box and press OK button 4. Exit Registry, restart your computer and then again re-connect your USB pen drive on your computer. That is it, done.
If you still face the problem, follow the below steps:
1. Goto Start > Run, type cmd and press enter, this will open command prompt.
2. Type the following command on the command prompt replacing X with the drive letter of your pen drive.
CHKDSK X: /F
The above two methods will help you fix the problem.
Note: If it still doesnt solve the issue, I would suggest you to get your drives checked or replaced by the manufacturer to fix it for you.